- Professor, Mathematics
2335 Irving Hill Rd
Lawrence, KS 66045
Bozenna Pasik-Duncan joined the Department of Mathematics at the University of Kansas in 1984. She became a full professor in 1993. She is also a Courtesy Professor of the departments of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Aerospace Engineering; Investigator at the Information and Telecommunication Technology Center; and a Chancellors Club Teaching Professor.
She has been committed throughout her career to the integration of research and education. This approach promulgates the idea that education is a collaborative effort of integrating research, scholarship, teaching and learning, both horizontally and vertically. She initiated and directs Control Systems Society/American Automatic Control Council supported workshops (since 2000) for high school students and their teachers of math and science to increase awareness of the importance of systems, control and technology in everyday life. She is founder of Women in Control, first chair of IEEE CSS Standing Committee on Women in Control, and founder of KU’s Student Chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics, Math Awareness Month/Outreach Program, and Stochastic Adaptive Control Seminar. She served in 2017 and 2018 as Global Chair of IEEE Women in Engineering Committee.
- Stochastic Control
Selected Publications —
- B. Pasik–Duncan, Stochastic Adaptive Control as a Field that Spans Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Chapter in Adaptive Control for Robotic Manipulators, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, to appear.
- J.A. Rossiter, B. Pasik-Duncan, S. Dormido, L.Vlacic, B.Jones and Richard Murray, Good Practice in Control Education, submitted for the European Journal of Engineering Education, 2016.
- T. Duncan and B. Pasik-Duncan, Stochastic Differential Games with State Dependent Scalar Fractional Gaussian Noise and Quadratic Payoff (under review), Proc. 55th Conf. Decision Control, Dec. 2016, Las Vegas.
- Pasik-Duncan, Editor-in-Chief (invited) of the Springer Volume on Women in Control Around the Globe in Leadership Roles, to be submitted for publication in September, 2016.
- T. E. Duncan and B. Pasik-Duncan, Stochastic Adaptive Control - Integrating Research and Teaching, Proc. 11th IFAC Symposium on Advances in Control Education, Bratislava, 1-3 June 2016, (Peer Reviewed, recommended by reviewers as Award paper and recommended for publication in a top journal IEEE Transactions on Education), to appear.
- T. E. Duncan and B. Pasik-Duncan, Explicit strategies for some linear and nonlinear stochastic differential games, J. Math. Engrg. Sci. Aerospace 7 (2016), 83-92.
- T. E. Duncan and B. Pasik-Duncan, Some solvable stochastic differential games in SU(3), Commun. Info. Systems 1 (2016).
- T. E. Duncan, B. Maslowski and B. Pasik-Duncan, Some ergodic control problems for linear stochastic equations in a Hilbert space with fractional Brownian motion, Banach Center Publ.105 (2015), 91-102.
- T. E. Duncan and B. Pasik-Duncan, Some stochastic differential games with state dependent noise, Proc. IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, Dec. 2015, Osaka, Japan.
- T. E. Duncan, J. Jakubowski and B. Pasik-Duncan, Stochastic volatility models with volatility driven by a fractional Brownian motion, Commun. Info. Sys. 15 (2015), 47-55.